Policy Version Date: December 1, 2017
This Policy does not cover:
- Personal information We process in the course of doing business with Visitors, such as when Visitors engage with Us as an individual who has registered to use the Services as defined below (“Customers”), potential Customers, vendor, service provider, professional advisor, consultant or other third party in relation to the provision of the services offered through the Website, including by way of example, certain services relating to the development, transmission, analysis, and management of push notifications and email messages (the “Services”); or
- Personal information We process through Our products and Services on behalf of Our Customers – for example push notification or email and other communications information that is sent and processed through the Pushwoosh Site and Services.
Information We Collect
Information Visitors Provide to Us on the Website:
Visitors may give Us personal information through Our Website, for example, when Visitors make inquiries about Our products and Services, sign up for a free, contact Us for support, obtain a quote or consultation, or to explore career opportunities with Us, or when Visitors sign up for an online account or marketing communications.
We may ask Visitors to provide specific information set out in an online inquiry form (for example, name, contact details, company name, country, profile information etc). Alternatively, Visitors may choose to provide additional information when Visitors communicate with Us or otherwise interact with Us, and We will keep copies of any such communications that Visitors send to Us for Our records.
Information We Collect Automatically through the Website and Services:
We may also collect certain information through Our Website and Services by automated means such as IP addresses, browser type and operating system, referring URLs, information about Visitors visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from Our Website, download errors, number of Website visits, and other page interactions. We collect this information automatically through the use of various commonly used information-gathering technologies including cookies and web beacons, to collect information as users and Visitors navigate the Website and use the Services (“Web Site Navigational Information”). We use these technologies to analyze trends, administer Web sites and Services, track users’ and Visitors’ movements around Our Website and Services, serve targeted advertisements and gather demographic information about Our user and Visitor base as a whole. Additional information about Our use of Web Site Navigational Information is available at https://www.pushwoosh.com/privacy-policy-website-navigational-information/.
Use of Information
We may use the information We collect through Our Website for a range of reasons including to:
- Provide, operate, optimize and maintain the Website;
- Deal with Visitors’ online inquiries and requests, and to provide Visitors with information and access to resources or services that Visitors have requested from Us;
- Manage Our Website and system administration and security;
- Improve the navigation and content of Our Website;
- Identify any server problems or other IT or network issues;
- Process transactions and to set up online accounts;
- Compile aggregated statistics about Site usage and to better understand the preferences of Our Site Visitors;
- Carry out research and development to improve Our products and Services;
- Send Visitors information for marketing purposes (where it is in accordance with Visitors’ communication preferences);
- Customize content and layout of the Website;
- Carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which We will notify Our users, Visitors, and Customers.
Information We Share
We may share and disclose Visitors’ personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Within the Pushwoosh group of companies for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
- To vendors and other third-party service providers who require access to Visitors’ personal information to assist in the provision of the Website, Our products and Services, and other business-related functions.
- We may also disclose Visitors’ information to third parties: (a) where required by law or regulatory requirement, court order or other judicial authorization, (b) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purposes of meeting national security and law enforcement requirements; (c) in connection with the sale, transfer, merger, bankruptcy, restructuring or other reorganization of a business; (d) to protect or defend Our rights, interests or property, or that of third parties; (e) to investigate any wrongdoing in connection with the Website or Our Services; (f) to protect the vital interests of an individual.
- With Visitors’ consent.
Third party Sites
Pushwoosh may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Website. Any personal information Visitors choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send Visitors unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information Visitors choose to submit in these forums.
On some pages of Our Website, such as Our blog, third parties may provide applications or plug-ins through Our Website which may track Visitors’ use of content, applications or plug-ins, or may customize content, applications and plug-ins for Visitors. For example, when Visitors share a post on Our blog using a social media sharing button (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn), the social network that has created the button will record that Visitors have done this. If Visitors do not want the social network to collect this information about Visitors, then Visitors are advised to not use this feature.
Information About International Transfers
Visitors’ personal information may be stored and processed by Us in any country where We have facilities or where We engage service providers, and by reading this Policy Visitors acknowledge that Visitors’ personal information may be transferred to countries outside of Visitors’ country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules to those of Visitors’ country. Where We do so, Our collection, storage and use of Visitors’ personal information will be in accordance with the purposes set out in this Policy.
Pushwoosh does not knowingly solicit or collect, and Visitors should not provide, any information regarding Visitors’ medical or health condition, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other Sensitive Data, as such term is defined in the Pushwoosh Terms of Service.
The Website is not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visitors’ Choices and Opt-Outs
Visitors can opt out of receiving marketing emails from Us at any time, or opt out from having Visitors’ contact information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Visitors can opt out of Our marketing emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of Our marketing messages.
Also, all opt out requests can be made by emailing Us at . Please note that it may take up to 10 days to remove Visitors’ contact information from Our marketing communications lists, so Visitors may receive correspondence from Us for a short time after Visitors make a request.
Please note that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management and Visitors cannot opt out of these messages unless Visitors request to dactivate their Pushwoosh account.
Other data rights
Pushwoosh takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data We collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. Visitors can email Us at if Visitors wish to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information that We hold about Visitors and We will consider Visitors’ request in accordance with applicable laws.
Visitors’ California Privacy Rights
Pushwoosh has adopted a policy of allowing Visitors to opt-out of the disclosure of Visitors’ personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and thus falls within this exception. Instructions for opting out can be found in the section entitled found in the Choice and Opt-Out section above.
Retention of Visitors’ Personal Information
We will retain Visitors’ personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other lawful purposes.
Updates to This Policy
We reserve the right to change or update this Policy from time to time. If material changes are made, We will place a prominent notice on Our Website for at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect, and will update the last revised date at the top of this Policy. We encourage Visitors to regularly check back on this page to ensure Visitors are up to date with any changes.
How to Contact Us
If Visitors have any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Visitors’ personal information, Visitors can contact Us by sending an email to or by contacting Us at: 1224 M St NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20005, U.S.A.